Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fast food

All right so this is why the blog is called Goodwin thoughts.  I never have anything interesting to say about my own life but I like to share my opinions sometimes, the title gives me that right :)  So today I saw something on facebook about how Taco Bell is in a fight with a lawfirm about the reality of the meat they use.  aka whether or not it's beef, etc etc.  Taco Bell says it is, this law firm says it isn't.  Anyway the point of my upcoming rant is why do we care?  Sure knowing there is real beef in our $0.99 lunch is vitally important to our desire to eat more than one but really?


Recently I watched the movie, Super Size Me about the guy who only eats McDonalds for 30 days.  He also brings up how people sue fast food chains all the time because they claim these restaurants made them fat, or have high cholesterol.  So now because of this all our junk food places are giving us healthy options.  I'm not really getting anywhere here sorry.  I'm annoyed at the people who sue McDonalds.  Are you really that ridiculous that you don't know that a double cheeseburger with fries and a pop everyday for lunch isn't good for you?  Or what about those that drink a gallon of soda a day.  A GALLON!  That's the size of a jug of milk people.  Come on.  How can you blame McDonalds or any fast food place for your poor eating habits.  These restaurants are for a little splurge on calories, they are not part of a nutritious diet, nor have they ever claimed to be (well til now)  Don't you remember going to a fast food place just for fun on a vacation or just for some ice cream.  This wasn't a place our parents took us to daily, weekly or even monthly.

So I'm just frustrated with stupid people I guess who blame everyone else for their own problems.  Let me know of some other dumb examples like suing McD's again for burning yourself on hot coffee.  Oh they didn't tell you it was hot?  My bad I just assumed all Americans know that plain old coffee is hot.  Did they expect ice cubes to come pouring out?  Ha taw.  So this is my rant for the day, feel free to share some funny stories about dumb people if you want.  No names please, let's make this anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment