Friday, November 4, 2011

Breaking out of our comfort zone...Thanks Aunt Adrian :)

Both Micah and I dislike purposely making a mess.  He doesn't like getting his hands dirty, sticky, wet, you get the point.  I dislike messes simply because it is one more thing to pick up in my already scattered about house.  When I'm stressed or angry I clean, it distracts me and uses up my anger in a physical way so that I don't take it out on anyone.  Needless to say, we don't do a lot of crafts at our house because neither of us enjoy the mess.

Well, yesterday Micah and I had breakthrough.  My sister-in-law Adrian had bought Micah fingerpaints for his birthday, way back in March.  Since I don't like messes we hadn't used them yet.  But we pulled them out yesterday, covered the table in newspaper and went at it.  Micah was hesitant at first.  Even asking me to wipe his hands the second we put them in the paint.  I encouraged him to let them stay dirty and use his fingers as a pencil.  By the end of our adventure there was paint all over the newspaper, we had painted some pinecones and a "pretty picture."  Micah got over his dirty hands phobia for a few moments and I was able to clean it up with minimal effort.  Here is a photo of Micah showing off his dirty hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment