Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What is going on?!

So Jacob and I started our afternoon by feeding him carrots for the first time.  He loved them, ate a whole bunch and got really messy.  It was adorable.  Then as I was chatting with him in his bouncy seat I heard him fill his diaper.  No big deal, I carried him to his room and undid his diaper.  It was crazy full.  I started pulling out wipes as fast as I could but I was soon completely overwhelmed.  First it was on his hands, then he grabbed his feet!  Then it was on my hands then somehow both of his legs were covered!  Then he tried to put his feet in his mouth!  "What is going on?"  I shouted!  I didn't know what to do.  I turned and saw that I was quickly running out of wipes.  Even the fresh diaper I was going to put on was soiled.  This has NEVER happened to me before.  Finally I got as much as I could then I carried his little brown body to the tub. 

New problem.  I do not give baby baths.  I am waaay to paranoid about him slipping under water.  Justin is the bath man.  Plus Justin had just informed me that Jacob is way to big for his baby tub.  So I put the bumbo in the water and placed him in it.  I soon realized that the area that needed to be washed was now in a chair.  LOL that would not work.  So I put a big towel in the tub, laid his head on that and with a small amount of water in the tub finally got us both clean.  Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY! i have that to look forward to X2!!! i'm the same way about bathing... i have to have nick's help cause they're so slippery and water is so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, you are too funny. Today I cleaned Naomi 5 times, most of them blowouts thanks to the fact that she has diarrhea. Clearly, motherhood is not always glamorous!! :)

    PS-what do you do when Justin is out of town? Do the boys just not get bathed???

    ReplyDelete