Monday, November 21, 2011

Still not asleep

As I write this, both of my children are screaming.  Both because they don't want to take a nap.  It's really been one of those days.  Sometimes I wish I could drop my oldest off at his Nana's and just, well do anything else.  He is in the phase of his life where all he says is "no" and "why."  They why doesn't bother me much but man oh man the "no" sure does.  Even though I know it's developmental it still boggles my mind.  Even when I offer him something he likes he says "no."  He refuses to obey a big chunk of the time and no amount of discipline, jokes, bribes, etc work.  What's a girl to do?  I spend 24 hours a day with this person.  Even at night when he wakes up he wants me.  I don't want him.  I've already been up twice with Jacob.  That sounds terrible but I'm venting as gently as I can.  Even now he's looking over my shoulder whining and saying no to going back to bed.  Advice, help, prayers?  Anything.  I will take any and all advice I can get. 

People say well maybe he's just growing out of his nap, well maybe he is but he should still stay in his room.  I even said to him you can bring books in your bed but you have to stay in your bed.  He even said no to that.  He LOVES books.  I have no idea what consequence to give for this.  Spankings don't work, bribes don't work, taking away his toys doesn't work.  He probably came out 15 times.  Jacob had 4 shots today at his six month checkup.  He doesn't feel good.  But the only thing I can do is pick up Micah and put him in bed yet again.  When is it Jacob's turn?   When do I get to take care of him?  Why does he have to take a back seat just because he is immobile?  I would give anything to have family closer.  I have had this day many times in the last six months.  Pray for us.  Pray for me to have patience, to have wisdom, to understand the difference between the urgent and the important.  To know how to effectively discipline with love.  Man.  well Micah is quietly talking to himself in the living room.  And I think Jacob has fallen asleep.  Hope so.  Tune in next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment