Tuesday, February 14, 2012

weird day

What a  rough day!  Poor baby Jacob is so sick.  I took him to the dr yesterday and they said he has croup so they gave him steroids for his throat.  Then I also told the pediatrician about this thing that he does with his eyes.  I had taken a video of it and brought it along.  She showed it to two other pediatricians and they are all stumped.  She's now trying to get ahold of a pediatric opthamologist (sp?) who recommended that she get a urine sample.  So today we went back to get the urine sample.  Wow, if you thought peeing in a cup is bad...  So they put a little bag over his peepee and it kinda suctions on and then you just wait til he pees.  Well, my very miserably sick Jacob, coughing, sniffling Micah, and I sat in a gray room with minimal toys for at least an hour, no pee.  By the end both boys were crying and I was pretty close.  The sweet nurse came in and said just go home and bring the pee back in this cup later.  Lol so Jacob is now napping, I don't know if he's peed yet,  hopefully if he has it's staying in the bag.

On a happier note my darling husband came to the office as we were leaving and carried the heaviest of us to the car, put Jacob to bed and got Micah a video.  So now, for a moment I have peace, I'll let you know how the transfer from bag to cup to dr's office goes :)

1 comment:

  1. poor little buddy! and poor mommy! we had a similar experience when the girls were 3 weeks old, we spend 3 hours in the ER in the middle of the night waiting for paisley to pee in a little bag. what a nightmare. turns out girlfriend had a uti. hope everybody is feeling better soon!!

    oh PS! what is he doing with his eyes?

    ReplyDelete