Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gooey, yummy, chocolate and peanut butter

It's been a little while since I posted and I've tried two more recipes since then, I thought I'd share them with you.  I found them on pinterest.  Both recipes are from the same blog.  I have links to her blog on this post so you can check it out.

This first one is a taco dip I tried for our super bowl party and it turned out to be easy and delicious.  Here is a pic.

Pinned Image

As you can see she made hers in little cups.  I took the same recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan.  Worked perfect!  Here is a link to the recipe.

The second one is more up my alley.  Peanut butter chocolate bars made with yellow cake mix!  Same blog but I used my own pics this time.  I just made them today and they are sooo gooey!  Then again, Justin and I are huge fans of baking things just a few minutes less than the recipe calls for.  Anyone else?  Here's the recipe with my own pics thrown in.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Barsby Greta White

1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup coconut (optional...my sister did not like the texture of it in there)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.
 
 
3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut.
4) Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
 

5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
 
Anyone wanna bite!?  I really think the peanut butter part of the recipe would make for excellent cookies.  I'm gonna try that next time I make this.
 
 
Let me know your reaction or comment below my post just so I have an idea of how many people are reading my blog.  I'm curious to see how many friends and family are reading and trying out these recipes.  My next post should have pics of a craft table that Justin just finished making for Micah!  Enjoy the deliciousness.

2 comments:

  1. i read your blog! and your dip was AMAZING (even tho i don't love quac)! and that peanut butter chocolatey goodness looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric found a way to see how many times your blog and each post has been looked at...for us new to blogging :). You'll have to have him show you. It's crazy... someone from Russia even reads our blog. the first recipe is one of my all time faves, but that second one looks really yummy too.

    ReplyDelete