Monday, January 23, 2012

David and Goliath

Well, last week went so well with studying a Bible story that we are going to try it every week.  Pray I don't forget :)  This week we are doing David and Goliath.  We started off today by simply reading the story in his children's Bible and then praying together.  Later, while I was taking a shower he watched David and the Giant Pickle, a Veggie Tales story.  After my shower I asked if he liked the video.  Micah said something to the effect of, "that story wasn't about David and Goliath."  I tried to explain to him that it's just a funny version of his Bible story to help him remember.  Ah well.  I also quizzed him on what we studied last week and he remembered Jonah, the big fish and Ninevah. 

While at the library today I checked out some books about this Bible story.  They actually had more than I expected.  I recommend checking out the juvenile non-fiction section of your local library.  I found some other fun things there too.  Potty training books, books on manners, tantrums, obeying, etc.  All geared towards reading to your child!  I also checked out a video called, the Happiest Toddler on the Block.  I've skimmed the book but being a visual learner I thought it might be interesting to see how they turned that into a video.  I've wished recently that I could take a parenting class or watch another mother of toddlers in action.  One who does it right, never loses her cool and is able to hold her giant baby for more than 2 minutes at a time.  I need to know how to do these things.  Hopefully this video will clue me in a bit.

I checked out a non-fiction book for myself in that section as well, called the Toddler's Busy Book.  It has "365 creative learning games and activities to keep your 11/2 to 3 yr old busy."  Score!  I've only read the first 9 pages and already it has so many things I want to implement here at home.  The author is Trish Kuffner.  Check it out!  But if you live in Mtown you'll have to wait 3 weeks...sorry.

To end this post I'll tell you that right before I started typing I had to use a tweezers to get a penny out of a closed vent, I was successful and now my room is starting to get warm again.  Oh and I'm waiting for Micah to decide to take a nap.  Probably won't happen.  Even though I would love to close my eyes for awhile.  Last night was rough. 
12:16am J wakes up I go in he starts screaming bLOODY MURDER while I change him and lay him back down.
12:30am I cave and nurse him to sleep.
1:30am I lay him down, he wakes back up screaming.  Falls asleep in about 2 min
2:00am J wakes up crying and puts himself back to sleep in a few minutes.
3 or 4 or so Micah wakes up crying for me.  Justin goes in and M kicks and screams for me...aargh I get up, we both lay him down and i think it was quiet the rest of the night til 6:50am when J was up for the day.

I miss sleeping.  Hope all of you are getting enough sleep.  Those of you who are first time moms, please take a nap when your babies do and pity me  :)

1 comment:

  1. just remember that it's only a season of their lives. soon they'll be teenagers and you'll miss the toddler/baby days. :) (i think?)

    ReplyDelete