Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Two New Recipes

So I've been reading this really good book, Becoming Dad by an old friend of mine from high school, Kelly Crull.  It's really good and it's based off of his blog and so it's been inspiring me to write in this blog more.  I really don't know if anyone reads this but for now I'll keep posting   :)

I tried a few recipes recently that were pretty good.  One was a chocolate chip cheesecake dip which sounds FANTASTIC in theory but was only pretty good.  I'll still share though because I tested it out on our friends the Dobbs and they seemed to really like it/couldn't stop eating it :)  Here's a pic first off...


You dip graham crackers or teddy grahams in it.  I think it could work as a fruit dip too.  Here is a link to the recipe if you want to try it.  chocolate chip dip  It made a really large bowl, so far 6 people have snacked from it for a long time and we still have a fair amount left.  Would be great to bring to a party!  I did add more powdered sugar and brown sugar than it called for but I like more of a sweet flavor than a cream cheese flavor.  I'd say I added at least an extra tablespoon of brown sugar and at least a 1/4 cup powdered sugar.

The second recipe I tried today was a huge hit with my husband.  They are called carmelitas.  Justin had a piece for dessert then while we were waiting for Micah to finish his snack a few hours later he looked at me and said, "I want another piece of that stuff."  Anyway, I made it because he's a big carmel fan.  So here's the pic that was on the blog...



It was super easy to make and was a good one to make with Micah.  He helped me unwrap the caramels and sprinkle the 6oz of chocolate chips.  I added nothing to this recipe.  It only makes an 8x8 pan but they are pretty rich.  I think it will take Justin and I longer than our traditional two days to finish this pan.  Here is the link to the blog:  carmelitas

Let me know if you try any of these recipes and what you thought of them in the comments below.  I'll try to keep trying and letting my 3 followers know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole--it's Cara. I really want to try those carmelitas--I think I've had something similar but loved it. I found via Sarah and am reading. It's nice to hear too that we all have those frustrating Mommy days every now and then too ;)
    -Cara

    ReplyDelete